20 June, 2008

Thunderstorm Grows Fast

Hey. It's something I want to write, but alas I dunno what :)

Well... if you dunno what to talk about better talk about weather. So, last weekend, which due to the national holiday lasted three days - including following Monday - there were heavy rains, and on Tuesday as well. Kharkiv was underwater. In lower areas of Kharkiv there were floods, because the water came down the hillsides.

On Monday I was caught by the storm while being on the dacha. I though it would be nice to go there and check if there are strawberries ripened* and yield them. But skies went really stormy while I was driving there, so we (me and Dad) decided just check berries and quickly return, but at the moment I parked my car and we went out of it the really heavy storm began and after yielding just about seven berries :))) we were running to the car and escaping quickly. But rain was heavy and car's windows went steamed up* and there was nothing I could see through them, so we were trying to wipe dry* the window, but it was generally useless.

So I crept (I cannot call it differently) on, lighting all the lights of my car. When I reached the road the window dismisTed ;) and I could drive quite normally, though the rain was still heavy.

And the next day the weather decided to drown the city about noon. Rains and floods were heavier. Transport stuck because of wetting. But storm finally stopped, though there were light rains through the rest of the day. And in the evening just before the sunset overall lighting outdoors suddenly went apocalyptically yellow.

Haha, and on the one of the streets, which is actually a slope, asphalt was just washed away*. I drove up there yesterday and it is awful...

No comments: